- 4-5 lb. pork roast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 apples, peeled, cored
- 3 tbs. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- Preheat oven to 500ºF. Rinse the pork roast with cold water, then rub it with salt and pepper and place in roaster pan on a rack. Cook for 20 minutes to remove excess fat and seal in the juices.
- Spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Peel, core and quarter apples and place in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Combine apple sauce, ginger ale, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a small bowl.
- Remove pork roast from oven and place on top of the apples in crock pot. Pour apple sauce mixture over roast.
- Cook 8-10 hours on low in crock pot until tender.
Thanks to Jen of Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for hosting Tasty Tuesday, Lisa of Blessed with Grace for hosting Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Cole of All the Small Stuff for hosting Tuesdays at the Table, and Debbie at Dining with Debbie for hosting Crock Pot Wednesday. Be sure to visit their blogs, where you'll find links to some tasty recipes!