Before posting the recipe, I just want to thank everyone for all the kind comments that have been left on my blog lately. Please forgive me for not responding to them or visiting back. This is because both of my parents have been hospitalized for multiple health problems, and I've been out straight running back and forth to the hospital, which is not close to our home. Prayers for their health would be very much appreciated.
- 1 8-oz. pkg. jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 8-oz. container of low fat ricotta cheese
- 8-oz. container of low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Promise Light margarine
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1/3 cup shredded Light Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into small chunks
- Prepare pasta shells per package. Rinse and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all filling ingredients. Set aside.
- To prepare sauce, melt margarine in a medium saucepan. Stir in parsley, flour, salt and pepper. Blend in milk. Heat on medium high, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and just comes to a boil. Add cheese. Stir until melted. Stir in roasted red peppers.
- Pour 1/2 of sauce into bottom of 12 x 8 inch baking dish. Carefully fill cooked pasta shells with filling mixture.
- Arrange stuffed shells on top of sauce. Pour remaining sauce over shells. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Thanks to Michael Lee, of Designs by Gollum, for hosting Foodie Friday. Be sure to visit Michael's blog for more tasty recipes.