- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small minced white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup frozen cut Italian green beans
- 1/2 stalk minced celery
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans (15 oz) great northern or small white beans, drained
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup small shell pasta
- Measure olive oil into a large stock pot and heat on medium.
- Put the onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini into the pot and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions become see-through.
- Add the vegetable broth, drained tomatoes, beans, carrots, hot water and spices to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves and the pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Linking up with