subscribe

Enter your email address:

12/14/12

Christmas Home Tour 2012: Part 2


Continuing on with the Christmas Home Tour 2012, the living and dining rooms are decked out for Christmas and have more of a traditional flair.


The color palette in the decorations echo the Tuscan colors already in the room.


The burgundy and gold table runner was a steal at $14.99 (with free shipping) at Overstock.com.  I bought a second one for the living room fireplace mantel.



Three gold trees line the center of the table.



My father gave me this beautiful nativity set many years ago.  We had it in our home growing up, and I remember setting it up every Christmas throughout my childhood.  Dad made the wooden stable for it himself.  He once told me my great grandmother made the figurines in a ceramics class.   However, just last year, I noticed the name painted under each piece is different from my great grandmother's last name, so I'm not really sure who made it.  However, I will always treasure the set because of the childhood memories associated with it and also because Dad gave it to me. 



Found this beautiful poinsettia runner at T.J. Maxx.  I layered it over a gold velvet one on top of the piano, under the nativity set. 


In the windows, I'm still using these pretty gold wreaths I found on clearance at the Christmas Tree Shop a couple of years ago. 

 

The tree is the focal point of the living and dining rooms. It sits between both rooms but is tucked away against the wall. 


The tree is artificial and was purchased from Home Depot last year.  It is in two pieces, so it sets up in minutes.  It was also the perfect size for the room...with a tree topper, it just grazes the ceiling. 




The tree is entwined with flocked ribbon from Michael's, as well as gold beaded garland from the Christmas Tree Shop.  Many ornaments we've collected over the years hang on the branches.  


 

Even the pillows on the sectional got a holiday makeover with some beaded slipcovers from eBay (NIP $14.99 each.)




The living room fireplace mantel is decorated with a pine garland embellished with ornaments, gilded leaves, fruit and flocked ribbon. Since the television electronics sit on top of the fireplace mantel, I placed the garland on the front of the mantel with hooks, so it won't interfere with using the remote control.  (I learned my lesson with this last year.)






The Tuscan color theme continues in the downstairs bathroom with this wreath from Michael's.

Since I'm linking up with the Christmas Tree Party at Thrifty Decor Chick's blogI thought I'd also show you our tree and decorations in the master bedroom.



 This year, I decided to go with the traditional red/green/gold colors of Christmas in this room.


 The plaid ribbon coordinates well with ribbon in the Lenox holiday quilt (below) on the bed, which was an eBay find (NIP) for 1/3 of the price at a local department store.   The mantle decorations echo the colors in the tree and quilt.



After a busy day of decorating, it's nice to kick back in front of the fire with a cup of hot tea.

Thanks for stopping by!




 


Blog Widget by LinkWithin