- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Borax
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- cotton balls
- Mix the Borax and sugar together in a jar or covered plastic container until well blended. (You can purchase Borax in the laundry detergent aisle of your local grocery store. )
- Add the warm water and mix thoroughly until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Dip a few cotton balls into the liquid mixture until they're saturated. Squeeze out excess moisture just enough so they're not dripping.
- Place the cotton balls on window and door casings in the rooms where you see the ants. Try to place them close to the point of entry, if possible.
- Cover the container of Borax/sugar mixture to save for future use. Be sure to label the container.
It is wise to repeat the above process daily until the ants are gone, which is usually within 2-3 days.
It is also a good idea to seal up the point of entry, so the ants can no longer get into the house. In our case, they were entering our home through a gap in the casing above the back door. We plan to seal this gap over the weekend using some caulking.
Now that the ants problem has been remedied, it's time to move on to more exciting things, such as finishing the fire pit area, freshening up the décor on the back deck, planting the vegetable garden and eventually putting together the new greenhouse.
Thanks for stopping by!